Core Competencies for Asana Teachers
Learn to teach in a way that allows each student in your classes to make the practice their own.
Yoga practice is to be tailored to the individual, yet it tends to be taught in a “one-size fits all” approach to people with different needs and abilities. In this course, learn specific teaching strategies that allow each student in your classes to make the practice their own. Learn to speak in a way that drives each student to take an active role in their practice in a specific way, thereby realizing the potential of the physical body to provide context for an authentic yoga practice in its most pure form.
You can view each video lesson as many times as you want. When you feel you’ve met the lesson’s learning objectives, you will take an automatically graded quiz before moving on to the next lesson.
This course has 30 lessons, divided over five modules.
- 2.1 Introduction to Sequencing
- 2.2 An Overview of the 7-Step Process of Class Sequencing
- 2.3 Step One- Choose a Peak Pose
- 2.4 Step Two- Identify Component Parts of Your Peak Pose
- 2.5 Step Three- Identify the Poses for the Components
- 2.6 Step Four- Put the Poses in Order
- 2.7 Step Five- Add Counter Poses As Needed
- 2.8 Step Six- Make It Well Rounded
- 2.9 Step Seven- Be prepared to Change It